Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Can I use Nifi for bulk loading (<1MB CSV file) to any database (ex: Teradata/Mysql)?

Can I use Nifi for bulk loading (<1MB CSV file) to any database (ex: Teradata/Mysql)?

New Contributor

If yes what will be the flow?

I'm thinking that it will be Getfile > CSVReader > PutDatabaseRecord

Can you also provide on how it is done, screenshot will definitely help.

Kindly suggest or provide solution to my question. thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Can I use Nifi for bulk loading (<1MB CSV file) to any database (ex: Teradata/Mysql)?

Super Guru
@Andrew Bailon

Yes you can use NiFi for this case and by using Record oriented processors i.e. using PutDatabaseRecord processor you can do this task efficiently.

Flow:-

85740-flow.png

In this flow we are getting the file from source using Getfile processor and in PutDatbaseRecord processor we are using Record Reader controller service based on this service PutDatabaseRecord processor reads the incoming flowfile and prepares the statements based on statement type property and executes the statements in your Target Database.

Refer to this link for more details regards to this flow and this link describes the traditional way of doing this task vs new way of doing(using record oriented) processors.

-

If the Answer helped to resolve your issue, Click on Accept button below to accept the answer, That would be great help to Community users to find solution quickly for these kind of issues.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here