Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can NiFi connect to OPC DA and HDA..??

Super Collaborator

Hi ,

Is there a way where we can connect NiFi to OPC Servers using OPC DA and\or OPC HDA specifications and retrieve both real-time and archived data .?

Regards,Sai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
5 REPLIES 5

Expert Contributor

@Saikrishna Tarapareddy Yes, you should be able to. Take a look at this HCC article and see if it helps: https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/98394/accessing-data-from-osi-softs-pi-system.html.

Rising Star
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login

Contributor

@wsalazar

I already have the KepServer and I need to add OPCUA as additional NiFi processor to get the data from that server. I downloaded your git (https://github.com/wadesalazar/NIFI-OPCUA) and run 'mvn package' then copy 'opc-ua-stack-1.03.342.1-SNAPSHOT.jar' to Nifi's lib but seem like not working. Any step I missed or went wrong?

Expert Contributor

Does anyone have any update to this? Does anyone use NiFi to read data from OPC DA, or OPC UA?

There was talk about Hortonworks having a connector for those data sources three years ago. Does anyone know if that is supported by Cloudera now? 

I am thinking that the fact that OPC DA has to be on Windows and uses COM has been the sticking point for us. It may be that moving to OPC UA is possible. 

Community Manager

@alexmc As this thread is a couple of years old, you would be better served by creating a new thread. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.