Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Can i access metron node with single-node installation with vagrant from outside computer?

Highlighted

Can i access metron node with single-node installation with vagrant from outside computer?

Contributor

Hi,

according to this guide

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=68718548

if i install metron in centos CLI, can i access node1 from my other computer?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can i access metron node with single-node installation with vagrant from outside computer?

Super Collaborator

Hi @Bramantya Anggriawan, I have not tried this, but this can be apparently acheived by configuring a bridged network on the VM. See this for example.

HTH,

Anand

Re: Can i access metron node with single-node installation with vagrant from outside computer?

Super Collaborator

Further to my answer.. I tried the following and was able to get bridged mode working :

• Deployed full dev vagrant with default NAT interface
  • Shutdown VM using vagrant halt
  • Launched 'VirtualBox' management UI
  • Edit VM settings -> Networks -> change the adapter setting to 'Bridged Adapter'
  • Start VM, and I was able to SSH into the VM from another box.

Super Collaborator

Just checking to see if you were able to get this working. And if you did, would you please mind marking the answer as accepted? Thanks!

New Contributor

@asubramanian

I followed the same steps but on Ubuntu but when i start my VirtualBox UI i dont see any VM being created but my metron is running. Do the VM need to be imported manually in the Virtualbox to change the ip address?