Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Can i use Openstack kilo (legacy Nova networking) for CloudBreak 1.2.3. Do we need to install Cinder, Swift to use cloudbreak?

Highlighted

Can i use Openstack kilo (legacy Nova networking) for CloudBreak 1.2.3. Do we need to install Cinder, Swift to use cloudbreak?

New Contributor

Hi,

I want to try cloudbreak on Openstack. Referring following URL to set up Openstack documentation (Legacy nova networking)

http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/yum/content/ch_overview.html#architecture_examp...

For cloudbreak:

http://sequenceiq.com/cloudbreak-docs/release-1.2.3/openstack/

Can i use Openstack kilo (legacy Nova networking) for CloudBreak 1.2.3. Do we need to install Cinder, Swift to try out cloudbreak?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can i use Openstack kilo (legacy Nova networking) for CloudBreak 1.2.3. Do we need to install Cinder, Swift to use cloudbreak?

Expert Contributor

Hi @Venkateswar T,

Swift doesn't required for Cloudbreak but it uses Cinder to manage volumes.

Re: Can i use Openstack kilo (legacy Nova networking) for CloudBreak 1.2.3. Do we need to install Cinder, Swift to use cloudbreak?

New Contributor

Thanks for your response. I am new to Openstack and cloudbreak and trying to set up. Is cinder an optional to just try out Cloudbreak? My understanding of cinder is we can attach and detach volumes, i might not need persistent storage for now.

Expert Contributor

Never tried, but is as saw in the code it isn't optionally. When you create a template you have to set disk size and number and Cloudbreak uses Cinder to attach them.

New Contributor

Thank you very much

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here