Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Can not access zeppelin

Solved Go to solution

Can not access zeppelin

New Contributor

I am not able to open Http connect to zeppelin on my sandbox.

I am using Virtualbox. Here are things I have tried.

-- Added port 9995 to port forwarding under network under settings.

--Use either localhost:9995, 127.0.0.1:9995 or sandbox-hdf.hortonworks.com:9995

--Restarted zeppelin a few times. Running service check returns no error. Looks like zeppelin server is running.

--Tried to update group owner from hadoop to zeppelin on folder (and subfolder) /usr/hdp/2.6.3.0-235/zeppelin/webapps/

The error I get in Chrome:

This site can't be reached.

The connect was reset.

Not sure what else to try.

Thanks

Long

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can not access zeppelin

New Contributor

Final resolved the issue after following steps in this link.

https://hortonworks.com/tutorial/sandbox-port-forwarding-guide/

Looks like in addition to open port in Virtualbox, I also had to open port in docker image.

The only thing is that the start script is actually under /sandbox not /root. Also the file to modify is /sandbox/sandbox-deploy.sh

Also I was not able to save my current VM image so after I ran the commands the VM images was re-initialized. So I had to re-configure everything again. I did not run docker commit as instructed. It took some time to run, but I have no idea what was saved and why I was not able to use saved VM image.

4 REPLIES 4

New Contributor

The VM image I am using: HDF_3.0.2.0.virtualbox_28_11_2017.ova

Expert Contributor

@Long M Can you try ambari quick link to access the zeppelin UI. Attaching the screenshot so that its more evident.

zeppelin-quicklink.jpg

New Contributor

Final resolved the issue after following steps in this link.

https://hortonworks.com/tutorial/sandbox-port-forwarding-guide/

Looks like in addition to open port in Virtualbox, I also had to open port in docker image.

The only thing is that the start script is actually under /sandbox not /root. Also the file to modify is /sandbox/sandbox-deploy.sh

Also I was not able to save my current VM image so after I ran the commands the VM images was re-initialized. So I had to re-configure everything again. I did not run docker commit as instructed. It took some time to run, but I have no idea what was saved and why I was not able to use saved VM image.

New Contributor

I did run docker commit

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here