Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can't access the 127.0.0.1:8888 port

New Contributor

34389-capture.png

I just set up my VM and am taking a hadoop course but cannot access the 127.0.0.1:8888 address on my browser. Do you have any recommendation to fix this error? Here's my screen shot when I turn my VM on.

thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Greg and Timothy,

Thank you both for your advice, I was getting failed to connect error on my browser (Chrome), i did also try Firefox and IE and none of them worked. Also I tried to shut down the Firewall and still didn't work, so I ended up removing everything and setting up the VM again and it worked this time:) I've been dealing with this issue for a while and nothing fixed it except for installing the entire thing again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Guru

What happens when you try the url in your browser? Which browser are you using? Did you try another browser? What happens when you use the ambari login url http://http://localhost:8080/#/login? Which version of HDP sandbox?

Master Guru

Try another browser.

Make sure port 8888 is open in the VM settings

Try with localhost:8888 or yourcomputername:8888

some machines don't have 127.0.0.1 setup properly or blocked by virus scanners or corporate firewalls

New Contributor

Greg and Timothy,

Thank you both for your advice, I was getting failed to connect error on my browser (Chrome), i did also try Firefox and IE and none of them worked. Also I tried to shut down the Firewall and still didn't work, so I ended up removing everything and setting up the VM again and it worked this time:) I've been dealing with this issue for a while and nothing fixed it except for installing the entire thing again.

Guru

@Sina Talebian A little disappointing when the resolution is reinstall, but it works now 🙂 VMs can be fickle.