Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Can't connect with DBVisualizer to a kerborized cluster

Can't connect with DBVisualizer to a kerborized cluster

Hi guys

I have a problem to handover the Kerberos ticket to the java application DBVisualizer on a Windows 7 Pro machine (same behavior actually on all windows machines).

It works fine with beeline on linux:

[admin@ssss ~]$ kinitPassword for admin@XXX.YYYY.ZZ:[admin@ssss ~]$ beeline -u
"jdbc:hive2://ssss.xxx.yyyy.zz:10000/default;principal=hive/ssss.xxx.yyyy.zz@XXX.YYYY.ZZ"Connecting to jdbc:hive2://ssss.xxx.yyyy.zz:10000/default;principal=hive/ssss.xxx.yyyy.zz@Connected to: Apache Hive (version
1.2.1000.2.6.4.0-91)Driver: Hive JDBC (version 1.2.1000.2.6.4.0-91)Transaction isolation:
TRANSACTION_REPEATABLE_READBeeline version 1.2.1000.2.6.4.0-91 by Apache
Hive0: jdbc:hive2:// ssss.xxx.yyyy.zz:10>

And with ODBC on Windows is also no problem. I can connect to both Excel and Tableau without any problems. (picture odbc1)

But with the DBVisualizer I’m not able to do get a connection .

• I followed the manual of Tim Veil
  • I got the Hive JDBC Uber Jar and added the following to the preferences in DBVisualizer (picture jdbc1)
  • I created a new driver with the uber jdbc driver. And try to connect (picture dbvisualizer1 and dbvisualizer2)

The GSS initiate failed is the same failure I get, when I also don’t do a kinit on in linux.

Out of my view, the Kerberos ticket doesn’t get handover to the DBVisualizer. So I installed the MIT Kerberos package to debug. When I open a connection by odbc I get the first principal (picture mit-kerberos)

Do you have any idea where else to look for the problem?

mit-kerberos.jpgdbvisualizer1.jpgjdbc1.jpgodbc1.jpgdbvisualizer2.jpg
1 REPLY 1

Re: Can't connect with DBVisualizer to a kerborized cluster

New Contributor

@Bill McGregor, just wondering if you had fixed it, I'm having exactly same issue. Thx.