Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can't download HDP or HDF

Contributor

I've tried with IE and with Chrome. When I accept the terms and click the green submit button, the button switches to say Processing but nothing happens beyond that. Downloads don't start. I've been trying for about an hour. Is the server down for maintenance (it's close to midnight central time) or is something else wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

I don't know what was wrong back on March 16 but I tried today and it is working fine.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Master Mentor

@Dale Preston

Is your browser allowing Popups? Or is it blocking the popups?

Please disable the popup blocker.

It may be the browser policy which might be blocking the download. Can you please try from a different machine/laptop just for testing?

Master Mentor

@Dale Preston

I just tried downloading the HDP 2.6.4 Sandbox at my end and it started fine.

Contributor

Thanks, @Jay Kumar SenSharma, I had turned off popups for Hortonworks.com. Now I tried it with popup blocker completely shut off and still cannot get a download. So why would you all want to use popups? They're pretty much blocked by everyone. In any case, that doesn't appear to be my issue.

I was hoping to download the hdf sandbox before heading out for the weekend where I'll be on metered connection and 10GB downloads are expensive. Guess I should have grabbed the OVA file from work before taking off.

Master Mentor

@Dale Preston

As soon as we open the https://hortonworks.com/downloads/#sandbox. somewhere at the bottom of the page it shows the popup blocker warning:

64635-popup-blocker.png

Once we click on the Download button like "Download for Virtualbox" then on the right side of the page it shows "Register Your Sandbox" popup with 3 Checkboxes. Once we accept those conditions and click on the "Submit" button then the download begins.

So can you please let us know if you are able to click that button?

Contributor

Yes, I can get that far. Just to verify it all, I just rebooted, verified that popups are allowed, opened the page, clicked the box for accepting terms, and clicked Submit. The button text changed to Processing... but nothing happens; download doesn't start.

Master Guru

I was able to download with Chrome with no issues. Try Chrome or Firefox, make sure corporate firewall doesn't block Virtualbox files. Check your browser for errors.

New Contributor

I was unable to download HDP from Hortonworks. My browsers hung at "processing", after I submitted the request form. But I could download the image from Docker Hub:

https://hub.docker.com/r/hortonworks/sandbox-hdp-standalone/

Contributor

I don't know what was wrong back on March 16 but I tried today and it is working fine.