Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can't find CM 5.4.2 for Trusty or Precise

Rising Star

Was CM 5.4.2 pulled? I can't find CM 5.4.2 on the dist list: http://archive.cloudera.com/cm5/ubuntu/precise/amd64/cm/

Wouldn't I need CM 5.4.2 to distribute CDH 5.4.2?

Any suggestions would help. This is the message I get from CM 5.4.1 when I try to distribute CDH 5.4.2 parcels:

Versions of CDH that are too new for this version of Cloudera Manager (5.4.1) will not be shown.

Regards,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It should sha like in the example output. You can rename the file or generate a new one:

# openssl sha1 CDH-5.4.2-1.cdh5.4.2.p0.2-trusty.parcel > CDH-5.4.2-1.cdh5.4.2.p0.2-trusty.parcel.sha
Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Master Guru

Hi Kevin,

CM 5.4.1 is the latest version at this time so that's why you can't find it.

CDH 5.4.2 is not too new for CM 5.4.1, so you should be able to proceed.

If there is a problem, a screen shot should help us figure out what to do.

- Ben

Rising Star

Thank you for your help. CM did locate the parcels after copied into the parcel-repo folder. I selected the parcels and clicked Continue. However, CM is not showing download progress of the selected parcels. It seems like the cluster installation has stalled. Do you know what could be happening? Are there logs I can look in to see if there is a problem?

I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks!

Kevin

cm-error-1.jpg

Rising Star

In cloudera-scm-server.log I see an odd error:

2015-06-18 13:52:19,346 INFO ParcelUpdateService:com.cloudera.parcel.components.ParcelDownloaderImpl: Preparing to download: http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh5/parcels/5.4/CDH-5.4.2-1.cdh5.4.2.p0.2-trusty.parcel

My question is why is CM trying to download the Parcel when I have located the Parcel in the parcel-repo folder? I do not have that open in my firewall, so the download will fail. Shouldn't the install get the Parcel from the local folder?

Kevin

Please ensure the permissions are right and that you have an SHA file as well

example:
# ls -l /opt/cloudera/parcel-repo
-rw-r----- 1 cloudera-scm cloudera-scm 41 Jun 18 05:10 CDH-4.7.1-1.cdh4.7.1.p0.47-el6.parcel.sha
-rw-r----- 1 cloudera-scm cloudera-scm 820215296 Jun 18 05:10 CDH-4.7.1-1.cdh4.7.1.p0.47-el6.parcel
Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

Rising Star

Thanks Gautam. I see the parcel, and there is an sha file, but the file extension is sha1. Is this ok?

CDH-5.4.2-1.cdh5.4.2.p0.2-trusty.parcel
CDH-5.4.2-1.cdh5.4.2.p0.2-trusty.parcel.sha1

The permissions look good, cloudera-scm is the user:group. 

Kevin

It should sha like in the example output. You can rename the file or generate a new one:

# openssl sha1 CDH-5.4.2-1.cdh5.4.2.p0.2-trusty.parcel > CDH-5.4.2-1.cdh5.4.2.p0.2-trusty.parcel.sha
Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

Rising Star

Thanks Gautam, that is probably my problem. I will rename the file to sha like the example.

I'll let you know if it works...

Kevin

Rising Star
Renaming the .sha1 file to .sha was successful. Thanks for your help Gautam.

Kevin