Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Can't install HDF3

Hey,

I'm trying to install HDF3 on a newly installed CentOS machine. After following the documentation and installing Ambari server it fails with the following error instantly during the service installation:

stderr: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/errors-25.txt

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py", line 35, in <module>
    BeforeAnyHook().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 367, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py", line 26, in hook
    import params
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/params.py", line 101, in <module>
    hadoop_home = stack_select.get_hadoop_dir("home", force_latest_on_upgrade=True)
TypeError: get_hadoop_dir() got an unexpected keyword argument 'force_latest_on_upgrade'
Error: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script ['/usr/bin/python', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py', 'ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/command-25.json', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-25.json', 'INFO', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp', 'PROTOCOL_TLSv1', '']

stdout: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/output-25.txt

2017-12-08 15:01:42,833 - Cannot find stack features for the stack named HDF
Error: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script ['/usr/bin/python', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py', 'ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/command-25.json', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-25.json', 'INFO', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp', 'PROTOCOL_TLSv1', '']
2017-12-08 15:01:42,842 - Cannot find stack features for the stack named HDF

Command failed after 1 tries

I have installed the newest stable version of Ambari and HDF. The repositories are local ones, which are functioning. I already have an HDP Cluster which worked without any problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

Explorer

have you NIFI only installed on this cluster before ?

No it is a fresh cluster. I tried installing all of HDF3 and NiFi only, the same problem for both of them.

Explorer
@Markus Wilhelm

Can you please share the exact version numbers (HDF, Ambari)?

HDF 3.0.2.0-76

Ambari 2.6.0.0-267

Explorer

The file in Ambari Agent's cache seems to be leftover from HDF 3.0.1 or earlier. Any idea how it could get there if it's a clean install on a newly installed machine?

Really can't say. It was a new installation which used the local repositories with the version specified above. I double checked again to make sure.

Expert Contributor

Can you outline the steps you have taken? Can you also link the documentation you are using and let me/us know which step you're having trouble with?

New Contributor

Any resolution?

New Contributor

Any resolution?

Explorer
Take a Tour of the Community
Don't have an account?
Your experience may be limited. Sign in to explore more.