Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can't locate files uploaded through ambari

New Contributor

Beginner here...after installing the Hortonworks Sandbox HDP 3.0 on VirtualBox (Mac), I uploaded couple of csv files through ambari under the user name maria_dev by following the tutorial, was expecting to find in /users/maria_dev but logging in as maria_dev into the sandbox, i could not locate these and get an error "No such file or directory".  I managed to upload files via scp into the sandbox and complete the tutorial, however still confused where the upload to ambari UI might have gone. 

Not sure where the files went or i am looking at the wrong place. Any help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@merlioncurry   Lacking a bit of deatils, so making some assumptions that you used an Ambari UI to upload to HDFS.  So those files are going to be in hdfs://users/maria_dev,  not on the actual machine location for the same users.  You will need use hdfs commands to view them.  If they do not work, then the path you uploaded may be different.

From the sandbox prompt:

hdfs dfs -ls /users/

hdfs dfs -ls /users/maria_dev

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@merlioncurry   Lacking a bit of deatils, so making some assumptions that you used an Ambari UI to upload to HDFS.  So those files are going to be in hdfs://users/maria_dev,  not on the actual machine location for the same users.  You will need use hdfs commands to view them.  If they do not work, then the path you uploaded may be different.

From the sandbox prompt:

hdfs dfs -ls /users/

hdfs dfs -ls /users/maria_dev