Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can't log into Cloudera Manager in cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.8.0-0-vmware (Incorrect username or pass

Contributor

I'm trying to log into to Cloudera Manager in cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.8.0-0-vmware with the specified log in details ( Username: cloudera, Password: cloudera) but getting the error: Incorrect username or password.

Does the user name and the password had changed?

20 REPLIES 20

Contributor

Are the errors regarding kafka-server have something to do with that the cluster isn't installed?

What can I do to fix this?

Contributor
maybe I should use an older version of the cloudera-quickstart-vm?

Contributor

On the desktop of VM I have also the following items:

Configure Kerberos

Migrate to Parcels

Should I use one of them?

Expert Contributor

You should'nt have to use the Kerberos or Parcels links. 

I'm currectly working on some additional troubleshooting steps. Thank you for your patience. 

Contributor
Thanks!

Contributor

I'm trying to install the cluster by myself.

Could you help me with the configurations?

large.jpg

Expert Contributor

I'm still researching the issue, but in the meantime, I can definitely help you with the cluster setup. The selections on that first screen look fine. Feel free to post screen shots of anything else you have questions for. 

Contributor

Thanks!

So, after the Cluster Installation, I got this screen:

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

What does the warning about the Parcels mean?

Should I change the configuration of the cluster installation to "Use Packages" instead of "Use Parcels"?

Expert Contributor

Interesting. It seems like your VM already had the packages installed for the services, even though Cloudera Manager didn't recognize them.

First, try running the "Migrate to Parcels" script on the desktop. That should stop the services, uninstall them, and re-deploy the client configuration. Just ran the script myself, and the output should Idealy look like this. 

migrate to parcels.JPG

Feel free to share a screenshot of your console output for this

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling CM with packages instead of parcels. To do this, I would recommend deleting the current VM and re-extracting the zip you download, just so you can start fresh.

Let me know if it throws any warnings this time around or if you have any questions along the way. (screenshots are welcome, as always) Thank you for being so patient while we figure this out.

Also, here's some fun reading to get a better understanding of Parcels, if you're so inclined. 🙂 

Contributor

I deleted the VM (again),

re-extracted the zip (again),

in the terminal in the VM I run the script - sudo /home/cloudera/cloudera-manager --express --force (again),

and this time I could log into Cloudera Manager with the credentials 'cloudera' and the cluster was already installed!