Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Can't start HDP VM on VMWare

Highlighted

Can't start HDP VM on VMWare

New Contributor

Hi everyone....

I've downloaded the HDP 2.6 for vmware and for some reason the VM doesn't start.

I'm currently running the VM with a vmware 6.5 esxi compatibility and 16gb of ram (on my computer didn't work either with workstation 12).

The vm stays a lot of time (few hours) on Starting SandboxContainer and after that, stucks in Cleaning temp files (2 steps ahead).

I must say that i needed to download the image at least 5 times because everytime i've tried to open it, i've got a warning about a mismatch.

Any ideas of what could be happening?

Regards.

Francisco.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Can't start HDP VM on VMWare

Expert Contributor

which steps got this error :

-sandbox loaded successfully on VMs. ?

-after loading, you are getting any error message ?

can you share the screen shot, it may help to understand and further action.

Highlighted

New Contributor

For some reason now works but i got stuck at setting a static ip address inside the vm. Do you know the username and password? and how to change it?

Thanks!

Rising Star

The login for the machine is root/hadoop on port 22 ( the host machine ) or the interface window of the vmware player.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Thanks!!...

After a lot of trouble i got the machine up and running in my vmware vcenter environment.

I've followed the steps here to set a static ip:

https://lintut.com/how-to-configure-static-ip-address-on-centos-7/

I would love to see the sandbox with a starter app that asks your ip configuration and to have vmtools installed.

Thanks for your help.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here