Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Can't stop/start/restart Yarn - There is already a pending command on this entity.

Highlighted

Can't stop/start/restart Yarn - There is already a pending command on this entity.

New Contributor

I am trying to restart yarn through Cloudera manager after making some service role changes. I am unable to stop/start/restart yarn. I can only do so by selecting all but one instance under yarn -> instances. Every time I try to stop/start/restart yarn using the drop down from the home page or under yarn -> instances with a select all, I get an error message of: "There is already a pending command on this entity." I have checked all of "cmf/commands/commands" and there isn't anything that I see pending that I can abort.

I have manually shutdown all of the services and power cycled the stack during a maintenance window hoping to flush anything that may be causing a problem. After reboot, a start of the cluster hangs on yarn with the same error.

A search found that there was an issue like this previous to 5.3, but I am using the Enterprise 5.7.0 build. Is there any fix to this without upgrading to 5.7.1?

Here is a little info about my cluster:

Version: Cloudera Enterprise 5.7.0 (#76 built by jenkins on 20160401-1334 git: ec0e7e69444280aa311511998bd83e8e6572f61c)

Java VM Name: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM

Java VM Vendor: Oracle Corporation

Java Version: 1.8.0_60