Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can we use KNOX for Edge node/Hadoop CLIs?

Contributor

Sorry for my stupid question.

Can we use Knox for legacy hadoop clients (Edge Node/Haddoop CLIs) with RPC?

As the page (http://pivotalhd.docs.pivotal.io/docs/knox-gateway-administration-guide.html) explains, I think, we can not use Knox for legacy hadoop clients...

I also think, if we want to control security between clients and hadoop clusters (i.e. use Knox as the security "proxy" between clients and hadoop clusters), we have to eliminate hadoop clients on Edge Node, because Knox is only for O/JDBC hadoop client.

Are my understandings right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

I don't think so.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Contributor

Sorry, I needed to say,

"I also think, if we want to control security between clients and hadoop clusters only with Knox (i.e. use Knox as the security "proxy" between clients and hadoop clusters), we have to eliminate hadoop clients on Edge Node, because Knox is only for O/JDBC hadoop client."

New Contributor

With YARN as its architectural center, Apache Hadoop continues to attract new engines to run within the data platform, as organizations want to efficiently store their data in a single repository and interact with it for batch, interactive and real-time streaming use cases. More and more independent software vendors (ISVs) are developing applications to run in Hadoop via YARN. This increases the number of users and processing engines that operate simultaneously across a Hadoop cluster, on the same data, at the same time.more information avilable at big data hadoop online training

With YARN as its architectural center, Apache Hadoop continues to attract new engines to run within the data platform, as organizations want to efficiently store their data in a single repository and interact with it for batch, interactive and real-time streaming use cases. More and more independent software vendors (ISVs) are developing applications to run in Hadoop via YARN. This increases the number of users and processing engines that operate simultaneously across a Hadoop cluster, on the same data, at the same time.more information avilable at big data hadoop online training

http://online-trainings.org/courses/other-courses/hadoop-online-training/

Contributor

Hi, can anyone reply?

Contributor

I don't think so.