Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cannot Connect to Oracle DB Using JDBC Driver

Cannot Connect to Oracle DB Using JDBC Driver

New Contributor

I cannot get an Oracle 12c database to connect to a Nifi version 1.8.0 DBCPConnectionPool controller service.  I keep receiving the following error:  

14:35:21 EDT  ERROR
bcb231c2-5cd3-1fa4-5a3f-8812d492ce5a
QueryDatabaseTable[id=bcb231c2-5cd3-1fa4-5a3f-8812d492ce5a] Unable to execute SQL select query SELECT * FROM HR.COUNTRIES due to java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver' for connect URL ' jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orcl': org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.ProcessException: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver' for connect URL ' jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orcl'

I am using the standard instance with the database named 'orcl'.  With the sample user called 'hr'.  

My settings in the main property settings for the  DBCPConnectionPool service are as follows:

Database Connection URL -   jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orcl

Database Driver Class Name -  oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Database Driver Location - C:\app\OracleHomeUser1\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\jdbc\lib\ojdbc7.jar

Do  I need a newer .jar file?  Is my driver class name correct?  Is my url okay?

I was able to enable the controller service for this, but when I go to the NiFi canvas and try to use the service in a QueryDatabaseTable processor, I receive the error mentioned above.  Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.  

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here