Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Cannot access AmbariUI after Cloudbreak installation.

Contributor

ambariui1.jpgambaruui.jpgI have setup Cloudbreak in Azure. I deployed both HDP and HDF cluster. Cloudbreak UI is accessable but when trying to open Ambari UI for both HDP and HDF its not working. Getting the error message: "

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from <ip-address/ambari/> (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

68533-ambariui1.jpg

ambaruui.jpg

NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi @Marshal Tito,

Could you execute the following command as root, to regenerate and replace the certificate. In 2.5.0 the certificate generation has changed and I am wondering whether that is causing some problem for you. Please replace the PUBLIC_IP value with your ip:

rm -rf /etc/certs_new
export PUBLIC_IP=172.21.250.249
export CBD_CERT_ROOT_PATH=/etc/certs_new
mkdir -p ${CBD_CERT_ROOT_PATH}
# Generate new certificates
certm -d $CBD_CERT_ROOT_PATH ca generate -o=testgw --overwrite
certm -d $CBD_CERT_ROOT_PATH server generate -o=testgw --host hostname --host ${PUBLIC_IP}
mv $CBD_CERT_ROOT_PATH/server.pem $CBD_CERT_ROOT_PATH/cluster.pem
mv $CBD_CERT_ROOT_PATH/server-key.pem $CBD_CERT_ROOT_PATH/cluster-key.pem
# Replaces cert in line 4 and 5
sed -i '4s/certs\//certs_new\//' /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ssl.conf
sed -i '5s/certs\//certs_new\//' /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ssl.conf
#Reload nginx
pkill -HUP nginx
keytool -printcert -v -file /etc/certs_new/cluster.pem

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Contributor

@ Dominika Bialek I followed all the steps you mentioned in your article: create-a-nifi-cluster-on-aws-azure-google-or-opens.html

Cloubreak installaition and cluster deployment both HDP and HDF are successful. But I am not able to access the AmbariUI through the URL mentioned in the cluster. Would you please help me out? Thank you.

Hi @Marshal Tito,

The first time you access Cloudbreak UI, Cloudbreak will automatically generate a self-signed certificate, due to which your browser will warn you about an untrusted connection and will ask you to confirm a security exception. You need to click on ADVANCED and confirm the security exception. After that, you will be able to access the Cloudbreak web UI.

Hmm, I just saw your screenshot and see that you do not have an option to confirm a security exception...

Can you try a different browser?

Any ideas @rdoktorics @rkovacs @khorvath? I remember others reported this issue before, but I do not remember the cause or solution.

Expert Contributor

Hi @Marshal Tito,

The warning is shown because of self-sign certificate is used. You can click on the "Advanced" link and after that click on "Proceed".

screen-shot-2018-04-19-at-202902.png

screen-shot-2018-04-19-at-202432.png

Contributor

Hi @Attila Kanto,

Thanks for reply. Please check my screen shots those I attached with question. In my browser I dont get the 2nd option to proceed after click on "Advanced".

Contributor

Hi @Dominika Bialek,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried with other browser too and got the same issue. CloudBreak UI is accessible from my browser. And i got the warning as you mentioned in the article and click on proceed and it worked. But in case of AmbariUI , its not working. I have modified property “run_as_user=root” as “run_as_user=ambari” in /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ ambari-agent.ini file , still no hope! Thank you.

Expert Contributor

Sorry, I didn't see the 2nd screenshot. I think it might be related to your notebook's security settings.

Is it Cloudbreak 2.5 what you are using? Would you mind to export the certificate and attaching it, please?

With a quick Googling I run into such comments like this:

The workaround (typing "proceed" on the page) is working for me...are you sure your browser has focus when you're typing the letters?

I have doubt of the success of typing 'proceed', but might worth to try it out.

Contributor

Hi @Attila Kanto,

I am using cloudbreak 2.5.0. Which certificate should i share? please let me know. I can do. I saw 4 certificate in ~/certs/ folder. Which one should i share? Or how can i make my ambari server with ssl certified with my browser? thank you.

Expert Contributor

Hi @Marshal Tito,

Could you attach all which does not contain "key"?

Please check if you are behind any proxy server.