Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cannot add a new property to Hive / Config / advanced / Hive-server

Highlighted

Cannot add a new property to Hive / Config / advanced / Hive-server

New Contributor

Hi

I'm trying to add RapidMiner to the Ambari virtualbox environment, and I'm following the instructions here: (For Hortonworks Sandbox)

https://docs.rapidminer.com/radoop/installation/distribution-notes.html

This section states that I need to add a new property to hive-site under Hive Advanced Configs, but, there is no "Add new property" option in the dropdown list. At most I can edit an exiting property. I have tried logging in as both the admin user and raj_ops.

• Navigate to the Hive / Configs / Advanced configuration page.
  • Add the hive.security.authorization.sqlstd.confwhitelist.append setting as a new property to both Custom hive-site and Custom hiveserver2-site. The value should the following (it must contain no whitespaces): radoop\.operation\.id|mapred\.job\.name|hive\.warehouse\.subdir\.inherit\.perms|hive\.exec\.max\.dynamic\.partitions|hive\.exec\.max\.dynamic\.partitions\.pernode|spark\.app\.name
1 REPLY 1

Re: Cannot add a new property to Hive / Config / advanced / Hive-server

@Van wyk De Waal

You can't add any properties under advance, you can only edit the existing property. Please Navigate to the Hive --> Configs -- >Custom hive-site and there you can add the above property.

39463-property.png

It shows as below screenshot when you go custom hive-site. Click on add property and add an appropriate property(see the screenshot)

39462-addproperty.png

. Then restart all the stale config services to get changes effected.

property.png
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here