Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cannot add remote Cluster on a blank Ambar-Server

Contributor

Hi,

I want to add a remote Cluster in Ambari-Server. I have install a blank Ambari-Server and I don’t want to use a cluster. The Ambari-Server only has to manage my remote views. When I add a remote Cluster I get following error message:

Failed to create new Remote Cluster DEV. User must be Ambari or Cluster Administrator

Best Regards

Dominik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Dominik Ludwig

I am talking about a local Ambari user it has nothing to do with the cluster. see the attached sequential screenshots to create a local user ludwig with the role of Cluster Administrator and proof of login.

Please let me know ,depending on the user create in our case remember in screenshot 02 to give also Ambari admin. After creating the user then login and proceed to Manage Ambari and create the Remote cluster

ludwig04.jpgludwig02.jpgludwig03.jpgludwig01.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

@Dominik Ludwig

Can you create a local user and give him/her Cluster Administrator see attached screenshot.

After assigning to role to the user click the blue Arrow to save then retry

ludwig.jpg

Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

I don’t have installed a Cluster, so I don’t have these option to change the permission. I don’t need a HDFS Cluster, because I only want to use the View from Ambari-Server for remote clusters. It is possible to do this, without the installation of a cluster?

Master Mentor

@Dominik Ludwig

I am talking about a local Ambari user it has nothing to do with the cluster. see the attached sequential screenshots to create a local user ludwig with the role of Cluster Administrator and proof of login.

Please let me know ,depending on the user create in our case remember in screenshot 02 to give also Ambari admin. After creating the user then login and proceed to Manage Ambari and create the Remote cluster

ludwig04.jpgludwig02.jpgludwig03.jpgludwig01.jpg