Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cannot connect to sandbox and start the HDP2.3 Cluster

Highlighted

Cannot connect to sandbox and start the HDP2.3 Cluster

New Contributor

I am taking the course Hortonworks University/06 - Practitioner - Partnerworks HDP Developer and have problem with setting up my Virtual Machine (VM) HDP2.3. These are my steps:

1. I installed the Oracle VM Virtualbox for Windows 5.0.26.

2. I download the VM HDP2.3-Pig-Hive-Rev6 with the link in the instruction - https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/vm-europe/data_analyst/HDP2.3- Pig-Hive-Rev6.zip

3. I set up a Linux Redhead 64 VM using the virtual harddrive file with the .vmdk file in the HDP2.3-Pig-Hive-Rev6 ZIP. Does this mean that my VM connect to the virtual content of the .vmdk file? Its a 15GB file "export-i-ffnw1ort.vmdk"

4. In the Terminal in my Linux VM, after waiting 10m (instruction said so), I connected to the hadoop cluster with „# ssh sandbox“, but without success. It said "ssh: connect to host sandbox port 22: No route to host"

5. If I go Home Folder/File/Connect to Server and try the Setup below, it said "the server at sandbox cannot be found"

My setup: Server: sandbox, port: 22, type: SSH, Folder: /root/devph/labs, and then username/password.

Does anyone have the same problem as mine? I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you

Vinh

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Cannot connect to sandbox and start the HDP2.3 Cluster

Explorer

Are you following the sandbox installation instructions from here? Because the steps you're describing above don't seem to be correct. Did you download the sandbox from here?

Once the sandbox boots up, you should see a console with the login instructions, which should be pointing to your loopback address (127.0.0.1), and not 'sandbox', which doesn't sound like what you're trying to do. Specifically, you should be trying to ssh into the sandbox using the command:

ssh root@127.0.0.1 -p2222

or using using a web browser:

http://127.0.0.1:8888

New Contributor

Thanks Matthew. I actually followed the installation instruction you proposed first. But then I could not execute a simple -mkdir command which made me think it was not correct. Could you tell why is that?

6563-1.jpg

New Contributor

I got it here. I have to write /test to make it work

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here