Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cannot login in Shell Web Client with root/password

Cannot login in Shell Web Client with root/password

New Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to log into my VM via Shell Web Client: _port_:4200

I can log with my user and password but I cannot with root/hadoop.

As I see this is the first step needed to access Ambari, so if I cannot access with root, I cannot access Ambari.

Could anyone help? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Cannot login in Shell Web Client with root/password

@Cristina Chercoles You don't have to go through root to get to Ambari. You can access Ambari directly. Try going directly to the splash screen and it will provide you a direct link to Ambari:

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/learning-the-ropes-of-the-hortonworks-sandbox/#connect-to-wel...

Typically you can access Ambari on the sandbox via http://host_IP:8080 ... Fill in the appropriate host_IP.

New Contributor

Thanks Rafael, I supossed mandatory to login as root before accessing Ambari through 8080.

Anyway, I tried it but, for any reason the connection is refused. I'll check the firewall...

BTW, the first time you try to login with root it will ask you to change the password by entering a new password twice. Did you go through this step?

New Contributor

I couldn't acess as root as the password wasn't recognized (hadoop), so finally I logged with my user and then I changed to root and then I could finally change the password for root.

New Contributor

I am not able to login with root and hadoop I am using the sandbox at Azure and using the Shell web client method

Mentor

@Saleem Shaikh

Azure sandbox login are:

user: azure 
password: azure