Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cannot run sqoop action through workflow manager

Highlighted

Cannot run sqoop action through workflow manager

New Contributor

I have not been able to run import a table from oracle into hive with a sqoop action in the workflow manager, the only error I get is Launcher ERROR, reason: Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.SqoopMain], exit code [1]

I have copied the correct jdbc and hive-config.xml in the /user/oozie/share/lib/lib_timestamp/ directories. I have also tried to make reference to these files in another directory with no succes, both, using the oozie.action.sharelib.for.sqoop pointing to hive, sqoop, etc. and in another directory. The log level is not deeo enough, I cannot see any more than what I´ve posted above, any light?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Cannot run sqoop action through workflow manager

Hi @Pedro Antonio Gonzalez Perez,

You said the log level is not deep enough. Did you use only the log you got workflow manager or did you also had a look at Oozie Web UI or oozie logs from command line using the following command

oozie job -oozie http://your_server:11000 -log your_workflow_id

It would also be beneficial to have a look at Yarn Resource Manager UI (via Ambari) to see what kind of information there is about the mapreduce job your Oozie scoop action should have started.

Regards,

Andres

Highlighted

New Contributor

Thank you very much for the answer, I attach the log and the configuration of the job, regards.

44448-workflow.png

44447-oozie.png

Hello and thanks,

I have visited the server and this is all i get

44446-oozie.png

Highlighted

In Oozie Web UI is there anything written into Job Error Log as well? Currently you provided just Job log content. I would still recommend to use oozie command line tool as well to be sure that you'll see the whole log. Please also have a look at Yarn Resource Manager UI there can be additional information which you do not see via Oozie Web UI.

Regrads,

Andres

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here