Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cannot send email via Oozie Workflow

Cannot send email via Oozie Workflow

Contributor

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could provide some guidance....

I have a CDH 5.4.x cluster and have created an Oozie Workflow within Hue (very simple one to read a CSV fike from an input directory, munge the file using PIG to remove "," and then send an email).

The problem is the following Java stack is dumped each time I run the workflow.

1246168-oozie-oozi-W] ACTION[0000001-160111191246168-oozie-oozi-W@email-3d34] Error starting action [email-3d34]. ErrorType [ERROR], ErrorCode [EM007], Message [EM007: Encountered an error while sending the email message over SMTP.]

org.apache.oozie.action.ActionExecutorException: EM007: Encountered an error while sending the email message over SMTP.

at org.apache.oozie.action.email.EmailActionExecutor.email(EmailActionExecutor.java:198)

at org.apache.oozie.action.email.EmailActionExecutor.validateAndMail(EmailActionExecutor.java:128)

at org.apache.oozie.action.email.EmailActionExecutor.start(EmailActionExecutor.java:81)

at org.apache.oozie.command.wf.ActionStartXCommand.execute(ActionStartXCommand.java:234)

at org.apache.oozie.command.wf.ActionStartXCommand.execute(ActionStartXCommand.java:64)

at org.apache.oozie.command.XCommand.call(XCommand.java:286)

at org.apache.oozie.command.XCommand.call(XCommand.java:356)

at org.apache.oozie.command.wf.SignalXCommand.execute(SignalXCommand.java:433)

at org.apache.oozie.command.wf.SignalXCommand.execute(SignalXCommand.java:76)

at org.apache.oozie.command.XCommand.call(XCommand.java:356)

at org.apache.oozie.command.wf.ActionEndXCommand.execute(ActionEndXCommand.java:280)

at org.apache.oozie.command.wf.ActionEndXCommand.execute(ActionEndXCommand.java:61)

at org.apache.oozie.service.CallableQueueService$CallableWrapper.run(CallableQueueService.java:175)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465, response: -1

My cluster has the following Oozie settings (via Cloudera Manager and within the oozie-site.xml):

oozie.email.smtp.host = smtp.gmail.com

oozie.email.smtp.port  = 465   

oozie.email.from.address = oozie@localhost

oozie Email Action SMTP Authentication Enabled = TRUE

oozie Email Action SMTP Authentication Username = beacon@{domain.com}

oozie.email.smtp.password = {obfuscated}

I think this should be easy....and related to some or one of the above setting....

Can someone advise ?

Thanks in Advance,

Damion.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Cannot send email via Oozie Workflow

Expert Contributor
Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465, response: -1

are you sure the port is 465? it seems you can't connect SMTP server.