Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cant use Storm be cause /usr/lib/storm/bin/ folder doesn't exist

Cant use Storm be cause /usr/lib/storm/bin/ folder doesn't exist

New Contributor

Hi, i have a question. why i can't see the /usr/lib/storm folder ?. Do I'm using HDP 2.5 jumpstart and following this guide: http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/processing-streaming-data-near-real-time-apache-storm/. To use storm, do i need to install it?. I have run ambari, and i've seen storm has been running. But i don't know where is Storm home folder and i can't run this command:

"storm jar storm-starter-0.0.1-storm-0.9.0.1.jar storm.starter.WordCountTopologyWordCount-c storm.starter.WordCountTopologyWordCount-c nimbus.host=sandbox.hortonworks.com".

It comed with an error : bash storm: command not found.

I decided to download and set up apache-1.0.2 because i think storm is not really installed. But the guide is just confuse because of the folder name, it's not the same as i see in my virtual machine. what do i have to do?. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Cant use Storm be cause /usr/lib/storm/bin/ folder doesn't exist

New Contributor

Also, i didn't see storm folder inside var/log/ folder. and any other. May be Storm is not fully installed

Highlighted

Hi Davd, Please find below possible solution to your query:-

1. You are getting "bash storm: command not found" because storm is not installed.

2. You can run storm command(without Storm preinstalled) for specific versions. May be your version missing storm therefore directory "/usr/lib/storm/bin/" does not contains storm.

3. If you see Storm running in you "Jump Start HDP" version and still see above error, try again uninstalled storm by going to service storm>Service Action >Delete Service.

Once you install Storm successfully, the directory "/usr/hdp/current/storm-client/bin" should have storm required to run your command.

New Contributor

Thanks, Also i didn't see /usr/hdp/ folder..

I just delete Storm service, but when i restart ambari on my browser, Storm appear again(green color). For the first time i, i even saw "No nimbus found !" on Storm view. Now i want to re-add Storm service, but when wizard appear, Storm is hiden, i couldn't check in order to install Storm.

New Contributor

My hdp version is newest: 2.5, which storm is already included