Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cell level security

Cell level security

New Contributor

I'm testing out cell level security with hbase.  It appears to be working for me as it should.  i.e. I can do a put on a cell and give it a visibility label and doing a scan on it either returns it or it doesn''t depending on my authorizations.  I'm curious though - how can I determine what visibility label it stored for a cell?  Either through the shell or the API?  i.e. if I attached a visibility label to a cell of ( secret | topsecret ) & !probationary, how would I be able to retrieve this label through a scan?  (provided of course I had that authorization).  Accumulo stores the visiibility label as part of the key and return it when you do a scan.

Barry

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cell level security

Explorer

Barry,

How did you get visibility labels working? I have set the hbase.coprocessor.master.classes to the VisibilityController and done the same for hbase.coprocessor.region.classes. However, when I try to 'add_labels' I get Visibility labels feature is not available.

Thanks,

Todd