Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Change default admin password on Ranger UI without Ambari and update usersync + plugins

Highlighted

Change default admin password on Ranger UI without Ambari and update usersync + plugins

New Contributor

Hi,

I have changed the default admin password to access Ranger UI. Without using Ambari, what needs to be done to update this passwords in other elements like the usersync and a plugin? I cannot find any option to set in any of the install.properties files to set up the new value.

Where is stored the tuple admin/admin in all the Ranger elements?

I used the new user/password with CURL and works fine, but don't know where admin/admin is set by default.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Change default admin password on Ranger UI without Ambari and update usersync + plugins

Super Mentor
@Miguel Sempere

In an ambari managed clusters the config changes should be pushed only via Ambari UI / Ambari APIs / Ambari utiities like config.py. Manual changes to the configs on individual hosts / in the individual components DB will not be known by Ambari hence ambari will try to push the same Config which is stored in it's DB while component next restart (like next Ranger Restart ambari will use the config which is stored in int DB to start the component).

Hence you should make changes via Ambari.

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.5/bk_security/content/updating_ranger_admin_p...

Re: Change default admin password on Ranger UI without Ambari and update usersync + plugins

New Contributor

@Jay Kumar SenSharma I'm not using Ambari at the moment.

Trying to setup the system without Ambari, that makes everything a bit more difficult.

Any idea how to do it without it? Or is not possible?

New Contributor
@Jay Kumar SenSharma

Any info for non Ambari managed clusters?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here