Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Changes made in Cloudera Manager not in XML file.

Highlighted

Changes made in Cloudera Manager not in XML file.

Explorer

I've added the following names and values to the Hive configuration under "Hive Service Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for hive-site.xml" restarted the Hive service but I fail to see the new values in hive-site.xml (at least the two that I found). Where do these values get added? 

hive.input.dir.recursive

mapred.input.dir.recursive

hive.mapred.supports.subdirectories

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 2.23.22 PM.png

checked:

/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.7.1-1.cdh5.7.1.p0.11/etc/hive/conf.dist/hive-site.xml

/etc/hive/conf.cloudera.hive/hive-site.xml

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Changes made in Cloudera Manager not in XML file.

Contributor

Hi...

We had the same issue...and the only other thing we did was to Deploy Client Config and we can see the changes t to the hive-site.xml.

Highlighted

Cloudera Employee

Can you check something similar to /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/300-hive-HIVESERVER2/ on the host of HiveServer2 for example, and see if the changes are there.

Service advanced configuration snippets (safety valves) apply to daemons. The files you checked are configuration for clients. To make changes to those, use the Client advanced configuration snippet. Read the descriptions of the parameters carefully to see what is affected.

CM-managed daemons use private process directories in /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process.

You can read about it here:

http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_mc_service_config_overview.html#cm...