Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Changing HostName for Services

Changing HostName for Services

Explorer

Currently running all services locally under my FQDN(hadoop1.hadoop123.com), all of my host names for services are set that FQDN(i.e., WebHCatServer, Falcon, etc....). How can I change these addresses to my intranet ip, rather than maintaining the FQDN(as for some reason, it can't seem to "find" hadoop1.hadoop123.com(my master node), but it can find 10.1.10.200).

I've edited my hosts file for each node(including host) and changed each address to dhcp static. I'm also able to get data usage from each node.

Thanks In Advance

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Changing HostName for Services

Super Guru
@David Bozentka

Your question is not so clear. Are you willing to use IP address for the services instead of FQDN? If yes then that is something which is not recommended by us. Please elaborate your question if my understanding wrong.

Highlighted

Re: Changing HostName for Services

Explorer

Sorry, it was a poorly worded question. I'm not trying to change my current FQDN back to my ip address. What is happening is, it will only pick up the ip address when I'm setting up host names in the configs, not my FQDN of my master. So instead of http://hadoop1.hadoop123.com:21000 working for atlast during rest, its the ip that actually works & picks up. Even signing into Ambari I use my ip(10.1.10.200 of my master) over the FQDN. It's all a local network with the master being connected to outside network.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here