Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Check DNS and NSCD

Hi,

1 I am doing preudo mode of installation . and the IP my host IP is : 172.25.157.176 .Please tell me that what changes i have to make in vi /etc/hosts (Please check screenshot host.jpg ) ..

2 Do I have to give the IP address in the - HOSTNAME=<fully.qualified.domain.name> ( Please see the Network.jpg)

4042-network.jpg

3 What I have to do in this LINK (I am using Centos 6.7) : http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.1.1/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/_disable_selin...

host.jpg
4 REPLIES 4

@Emil

Please assist on the above queries of mine ??

@Pardeep

Please assist on the above query

@Paul Codding pls help on the above context

Super Collaborator

@ASHISH Rastogi I'm not sure if I understand your question, so I hope this answers it

Assuming your hostname is "hw1.localdomain". Replace hw1.localdomain to anything you want (e.g. node1.my.com)

1) Change /etc/config to something like this:

127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

172.25.157.176      hw1 hw1.localdomain

Also add any other IP/Hosts in your cluster just like the last line.

2) No IP is required for /etc/sysconfig/networking

NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=hw1.localdomain

3) Assuming you are on CentOS 6.x, run the commands given on the page. For example.

setenforce 0

This will have to be reset every time you reboot unless you follow the note. You can verify that it is set by running "getenforce" and it should either print "Disabled" or "Permissive"

Also, if you're running PackageKit, follow step #2.

And finally, just run the command which sets default permissions as 755 (rwxr-x-r-x)

umask 0022

That setting is usually the default, but you can check by running "umask" with no arguments.