Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloduera 5.15 to Version 6

Expert Contributor

Hi,

Any idea when Clusters running 5.15 will be able to upgrade to version 6?  I always liked to be on the latest version, but appears to have back fired in this instance as now can't upgrade.

What's the reason for this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@chriswalton007,

The following pages shows supported upgrades:

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/upgrade/topics/ug_upgrade_paths.html

As you have identified, it is not supported to upgrade from 5.15x to 6.0.x  This is due to the way we had to maintain fixes and features in branches of 5 and 6.

Don't worry, though, as you only need to wait a while longer for 6.1 at which point you can upgrade to 6.1.  Only 5.15.x to 6.0.x is blocked.

We are targeting 6.1 to be released by the end of the year, but that is a rough estimate.

For now, you can keep up with the latest 5.x release and start reading the C6 upgrade documentation.  There are some major changes all over CDH and for Solr the upgrade path is complex, so it is a good idea to start planning if you are using most of the CDH products.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Explorer
Any thoughts on my previous query can someone let me know how to upgrade an unmanaged cluster to 6.1 from 5.16?