Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Cloudbreak 1.6.1 - Deploying clusters with custom AMIs into AWS

Cloudbreak 1.6.1 - Deploying clusters with custom AMIs into AWS

Hi,

Related to a previous community question about Custom AMIs, I am testing out deploying HDP clusters into AWS with Cloudbreak 1.6.1. With the default settings, Cloudbreak will use the cloudbreak AMI which I want to swap out for a vanilla version of Centos 7. I am able to do this as described in the above post.

However the cluster deployment fails when the cloudbreak is not able to access the new AMIs over SSH. This is most likely due to it not knowing which user to access the machine with.

The documentation on the Hortonworks / Cloudbreak site is very vague about using custom AMIs, and if there are any steps that should be taken before this.

For example, is there a way in Cloudbreak to define what user it should use to SSH into the cluster machines? Or does cloudbreak always use the 'cloudbreak' user?

Thanks, K

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Cloudbreak 1.6.1 - Deploying clusters with custom AMIs into AWS

Expert Contributor

Hi @Karri Linnoinen

Currently If you want to use cloudbreak with custom AMI you need some additional thing on the custom image. We have image burning scripts but these are not open sourced. You need Hortonworks support subscription to achieve this. Please contact our support and we will happy to help you

Br,

R