Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cloudbreak with HDP3

Highlighted

Cloudbreak with HDP3

Hi, I'm trying to deploy an HDP3 cluster using cloudbreak. I am using the blueprint provided on these forums and all seems to go well until the execution of some recipes. These are simple scripts that work on a different 2.6 cluster. Is there anything that needs to be done for recipes?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Cloudbreak with HDP3

@James

Theoretically, recipe execution has no relation to the HDP stack, it is a Cloudbreak feature, so it should work if it was working for the previous HDP version

What is your error? Can you provide UI logs and logs of cluster instance from /var/log/recipes?

Re: Cloudbreak with HDP3

Hi, after further investigation in the cloudbreak logs and ambari it seems that the issue doesn't relate to the recipe (not sure why the UI says recipe failed).

I have pinpointed the issue to setup-ldap which suggests it has something to do with the ad authentication configuration. Again this configuration works on 2.6 but fails with 3.0. I don't have access to the logs at the moment as this cluster has been terminated, but will try to run another test over the next couple of days.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here