Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Clouder Manager and Namenode server crashed , please help

Highlighted

Clouder Manager and Namenode server crashed , please help

New Contributor

OS centos 6.2 Ten node hadoop cluster The configuration is Cloudera Manager and Namenode installed on MAster server and the rest of the servers are datanode servers The issue is that the Master/Namenode server has crashed , so essentially i have 9 datanodes perfectly ok but the cloudera manager server which also hosts the NN have crashed. I have backedup NN edits and FSimage ,however now i dont know how to come out of this situation , i have a new master server ready to be installed but i need the safe and specific correct steps to proceed

1 REPLY 1

Re: Clouder Manager and Namenode server crashed , please help

New Contributor

I have installed the cloudera manager server on the newserver and now i am wanting to add the namenode on the same server from the backup that i have , my doubt is that when i have intsalled the cloudera manager and the postgres db and it shows already managed hosteshlys as 10 and it asks me to continue , will the wizard go ahead and download the parcels and freshly install hdfs on all the machines >? which i dont actually want as the 10 nodes already have data in their datanodes and i dont want  to loose it and will it give me  a chance to install the new namenode with the backup that i have . dont want to loose data thats why i am a little worried.