Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cloudera CDH packages on Debian 8.

Highlighted

Cloudera CDH packages on Debian 8.

Contributor

Hello Community!

I hope everything is going well!

My Hadoop Cluster is running on Debian 7 (Wheezy) with a CHD 5.7.0 version, quite old.

I want to upgrade the OS to Debian 8 (Jessie) but the CDH 5.7.0 release is not officially supported by Cloudera for this Debian version, or maybe I just couldn't find the packages.

I could test CHD5.7.0 on a Jessie scenario and appeared to work fine but I’ve tested Hadoop in pseudo-distributed mode and is far away from our current production scenario (No Kerberos, no HA for HDFS nor Yarn, no HBase, and so on…).

I don't want to mix CDH packages from two different Debian versions because is not supported and I can't determine the overall consequences.

Did you ever try CDH5.7.0 on Debian 8?

Do you know the impact to upgrade from CDH 5.7.0 to at least 5.8.0 that is the oldest release supported for Debian 8? 

Do you think is better to upgrade one by one release or should I upgrade directly from 5.7.0 to 5.11.1 (currently the newest) without problem? Can the upgrade from 5.7.0 to 5.11.1 cause problems? 

I'll really appreciate your advice.

Thanks!

Guido.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here