Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cloudera Director error installing Clouder Manager on AWS

Highlighted

Cloudera Director error installing Clouder Manager on AWS

New Contributor

Hi All,

I am trying to setup Cloudera Cluster on AWS using Cloudera Director. I am getting below error consistently

"Supplied script has failed with exit code 127 and hit the maximum number of retries."

I am trying on RHEL 6.6

Cloudera Director is running on my local machine VM (Ubuntu 16 - Oracle Virtual Box)

Please help me.

Thanks,

TrainingMyHobby

[2016-07-31 17:26:32] ERROR [pipeline-thread-33] - c.c.l.pipeline.util.PipelineRunner: Attempt to execute job failed
com.cloudera.launchpad.pipeline.UnrecoverablePipelineError: Supplied script has failed with exit code 127 and hit the maximum number of retries.
at com.cloudera.launchpad.pipeline.SudoRunScriptWithRetry$EvaluateResultAndRetry.run(SudoRunScriptWithRetry.java:96) ~[launchpad-pipeline-common-2.1.0.jar!/:2.1.0]
at com.cloudera.launchpad.pipeline.SudoRunScriptWithRetry$EvaluateResultAndRetry.run(SudoRunScriptWithRetry.java:82) ~[launchpad-pipeline-common-2.1.0.jar!/:2.1.0]
at com.cloudera.launchpad.pipeline.job.Job6.runUnchecked(Job6.java:36) ~[launchpad-pipeline-2.1.0.jar!/:2.1.0]
at com.cloudera.launchpad.pipeline.job.Job6$$FastClassBySpringCGLIB$$54178506.invoke(<generated>) ~[launchpad-pipeline-2.1.0.jar!/:2.1.0]
at org.springframework.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:204) ~[spring-core-4.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.2.4.RELEASE]

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cloudera Director error installing Clouder Manager on AWS

Expert Contributor

Hello! We'll need a bit more information to figure this one out. This tells us how it failed, but not what went wrong. Could you upload your log to pastebin and give us a link? If you don't feel comfortable doing that, could you go back a few hundred lines (400 or more) and paste that? Thanks!

Re: Cloudera Director error installing Clouder Manager on AWS

New Contributor

We experienced an identical error on some of our deployments. The source of the problem related to an invalid bootstrap script associated with your Manager or CDH template. Fix the template bootstrap script and/or ensure the bootstrap script "Direct Input" field is cleared, as it may not show what's actually contained there until you select that particular radio button.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here