Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cloudera Management Service not starting

Highlighted

Cloudera Management Service not starting

New Contributor

I just installed a Cloudera Cluster. The Cloudera Management Service (CMS) is not starting. I can't get any metrics displayed on CM.

I have posted logs for the server where the agent is installed. I am slightluy confused of the connection issue because firewall is off and there are no firewall riles

error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

[11/Mar/2020 11:44:49 +0000] 31391 MainThread heartbeat_tracker INFO     HB stats (seconds): num:40 LIFE_MIN:0.00 min:0.02 mean:0.03 max:0.09 LIFE_MAX:127.20

[11/Mar/2020 11:49:40 +0000] 31391 MonitorDaemon-Reporter throttling_logger ERROR    (10 skipped) Error sending messages to firehose: mgmt-SERVICEMONITOR-5408518f3ccc848e87d844be164005ac

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/cloudera/cm-agent/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf/monitor/firehose.py", line 121, in _send

self._port)

File "/opt/cloudera/cm-agent/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avro/ipc.py", line 469, in __init__

self.conn.connect()

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/httplib.py", line 824, in connect

self.timeout, self.source_address)

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 571, in create_connection

raise err

[11/Mar/2020 11:50:40 +0000] 31391 MonitorDaemon-Reporter throttling_logger ERROR    (9 skipped) Error sending messages to firehose: mgmt-HOSTMONITOR-900d836dd32616e828c7be9c1ba5ff31

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/cloudera/cm-agent/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf/monitor/firehose.py", line 121, in _send

self._port)

File "/opt/cloudera/cm-agent/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avro/ipc.py", line 469, in __init__

self.conn.connect()

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/httplib.py", line 824, in connect

self.timeout, self.source_address)

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 571, in create_connection

raise err

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cloudera Management Service not starting

Super Collaborator

Hi @jking ,

You mentioned that Cloudera Management Service (CMS) is not starting. So we should take a look at that. Did you check Service Monitor (SMON) and Host Monitor (HMON) logs? Usually you can find the logs from /var/log/cloudera-scm-firehost. The file names are like:

- mgmt-cmf-mgmt-SERVICEMONITOR*

- mgmt-cmf-mgmt-HOSTMONITOR*

If you can provide logs above, it may help us to find out why CMS is not starting. And then it may fix the issue you have about charts. Thanks!

Li Wang, Technical Solution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Highlighted

Re: Cloudera Management Service not starting

Mentor

@jking 

I have a suspicion can you share a tokenized version of your  cluster /etc/hosts ? How many hosts do you have in your cluster and is the DNS working correctly?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here