Is there any documentation regarding how Cloudera Manager is meeting ITIL best practices?
I would like to know how you approach to this based on the experience in your enterprises. (Please consider Hadoop on Baremetal, Hadoop on VM, and Containerized Hadoop/Spark dockers)
The sample scenario:
- Create a Data Platform service where it can be ordered and provisioned from scratch as a silo cluster on-prem or cloud? Alternatively, the requestor might want to use shared cluster and ask to be a multi-tenant?
- When the request is approved, the request is provisioned automatically (create silo cluster or configure the requestor as a tenant on shared platform with the support of separate billing, etc..
- Catalogue new services created
- Service Measurement - measure specific tenant utilization, charge back
- Manage issues (Ticket management)
- Configuration management
- Change Management
- Deployment & Release Management - provision dev/test environment on demand using available scripts
- Operations & Monitoring