Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Cloudera Manager agent 5.13.0 won't start due to "cmf==5.13.0 distribution was not found"

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Cloudera Manager agent 5.13.0 won't start due to "cmf==5.13.0 distribution was not found"

New Contributor

Dear Cloudera Community,

My OS is Oracle Linux Server release 7.3 and my Java version is 1.8u121. I am installing Cloudera Manager 5.13.0 from tarball and once I want to start Cloudera Manager agent, I am getting this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/cloudera-manager/cm-5.13.0/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/bin/cmf-agent", line 8, in <module>
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2927, in <module>
@_call_aside
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2913, in _call_aside
f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2940, in _initialize_master_working_set
working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 635, in _build_master
ws.require(__requires__)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 943, in require
needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 829, in resolve
raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'cmf==5.13.0' distribution was not found and is required by the application

Can you please help me?

Many thanks,

Václav Surovec

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cloudera Manager agent 5.13.0 won't start due to "cmf==5.13.0 distribution was not found"

Expert Contributor
This kind of error can happen if you download the tarball for the wrong OS or OS release.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cloudera Manager agent 5.13.0 won't start due to "cmf==5.13.0 distribution was not found"

Expert Contributor
This kind of error can happen if you download the tarball for the wrong OS or OS release.

View solution in original post

Don't have an account?