Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cloudera Manager hangs when Installing Selected Parcels

Cloudera Manager hangs when Installing Selected Parcels

New Contributor

Hi All,

I'm having trouble installing CDH4 parcels using Cloudera Manager 5. I have to use CDH4 for OpenTSDB.

When the installation process gets to "Installing Selected Parcels", the Downloaded is stuck at 0% forever. The logs are silent, there is absolutely no log activity.

I'm on CM 5.4.6 and it's trying to download CDH 4.7.1-1.cdh4.7.1.p0.47, this is on Amazon's Ubuntu 14.04 LTS images.

If I try to install CDH5 via parcels, everything works fine, but the version of HBase in CDH5 isn't usable for OpenTSDB.

My cluster is in EC2, and it has internet connectivity - all hosts can reach archive.cloudera.com

Any tips on how to debug this? Something seems hung. I'm happy to attach any necessary log files.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Cloudera Manager hangs when Installing Selected Parcels

Cloudera Employee
Are you sure OpenTSDB can't work with HBase in cdh5? I see at least one discussion where it's reported to work. Where in the process is this happening? Are you using the Add Cluster wizard or trying to download it for an existing cluster? Is the configured parcel repo url in your CM settings valid?

New Contributor

I may be doing something wrong, but OpenTSDB fails for my in its async-hbase client trying to find the root region key in zookeeper, which doesn't seem to be available,

it just sits there forever spewing

"HBaseClient: The znode for the -ROOT- region doesn't exist!"

I'll build a new AMI with OpenTSDB and the latest CDH5 and see what happens. I've got a fairly old version in that AMI.

I'm building a completely new cluster, leaving all package repos as default. If I have CM5 install CDH5, it downloads fine. If I have it install CDH4, it hangs forever on download, and based on tcpdump, it's got no network traffic, it's not even starting the transfer.

Highlighted

Cloudera Employee

It's worth pushing on that - I'm pretty confident that you should be able to use OpenTSDB just fine, though I'm no expert in the compatiblity constraints it has with hbase. It's definitely worth it given how old and far behind CDH4 is at this point - indendent of the specific problem you have with downloads.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here