Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cloudera Manager install issue - SparkUploadJarServiceCommand failing

Highlighted

Cloudera Manager install issue - SparkUploadJarServiceCommand failing

New Contributor

Hi,

The install went very smoothly until the "First Run" script, which failed at this step: 

---

Execute command SparkUploadJarServiceCommand on service Spark

Command (156) has failed:

upload_jar
Wed Nov 12 21:02:29 GMT 2014
Wed Nov 12 21:02:29 GMT 2014: Detected CDH_VERSION of [5]
Wed Nov 12 21:02:29 GMT 2014: Uploading Spark assembly jar to '/user/spark/share/lib/spark-assembly.jar' on CDH 5 cluster
14/11/12 21:02:34 WARN hdfs.DFSClient: DataStreamer Exception
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(java.io.IOException): File /user/spark/share/lib/spark-assembly.jar._COPYING_ could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1). There are 0 datanode(s) running and no node(s) are excluded in this operation.

---

So, at this point the installer is still doing its thing, and I haven't stopped/started any services.

Not many hits on Google for "SparkUploadJarServiceCommand" - but any issue I have found mentions ports. I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Any help you can give would be appreciated - can I "skip" the "First Run" script and manually kick off services?

Cheers, 

Alex.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Cloudera Manager install issue - SparkUploadJarServiceCommand failing

New Contributor

Same issue here - any updates?

Expert Contributor

The most probably cause of this would be that forward and reverse hostname resolution on all hosts of your cluster is not fully and correctly set up such that each host knows itself and all other cluster nodes properly in both resolution directions.

If you're still in the install wizard, open a separate tab to the Cloudera Manager main UI and go to the Hosts tab, then run the Host Inspector. If it comes back noting that any name resolution is not correct, resolve those matters before proceeding any further.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks!

Highlighted

New Contributor
Thank you so much! I resolved the host resolution issues, but am a little
unclear on how to get back into the wizard or resume from where the install
failed. Is it safe to delete the cluster and recreate it at this point?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here