Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cloudera Manager is not loading

Highlighted

Cloudera Manager is not loading

New Contributor

Hi ,

I have installed cloudera quick start vm 5.12. Cloudera manager is not opening in UI. I have 8 GB RAM laptop , I assigned more than 4 GB RAM and 2 core to VM.

can you tell me where is the problem

I checked $curl localhost:7180

showing could not connect to host. 

I really need help to fix the issue

manager.PNG

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cloudera Manager is not loading

Community Manager

Hi @Rakesh0118. The first thing I noticed about your situation is the resources allocated to the VM. In your screen shot, you will notice that Cloudera Manager requires at a minimum 8GB of RAM and two virtual PCs. Allocating more resources is easy but unfortunately your host machine doesn't seem to have enough RAM. While you do have 8GB or RAM installed on your laptop, part of that (most likely around 2GB) is used to run the OS and other programs including the hypervisor application.

I suggest checking out our community article on setting up the Quickstart VM wich gives instructions, hints and solutions to common issues.  

@Rakesh0118 wrote:

Hi ,

I have installed cloudera quick start vm 5.12. Cloudera manager is not opening in UI. I have 8 GB RAM laptop , I assigned more than 4 GB RAM and 2 core to VM.

can you tell me where is the problem

I checked $curl localhost:7180

showing could not connect to host. 

I really need help to fix the issue

manager.PNG

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum