Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Manager not apply the changes later restart service

Explorer

Hi team I am new to CDP , I have a problem with the ldap changes in the cloudera manager service.

It requests a restart of the service after applying the changes , this restart is applied but the changes are not applied.

Can you help me , to identify the problem .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @noekmc 

The alert saying "Requires Server Restart" for the config properties is expected to be there to help administrators to run the "systemctl restart cloudera-scm-server" on the CM host whenever they change the configs and even post changing the config and restarting the CM server. So, how are you validating that the config has not taken affect?

To confirm this, you can simply login to the CM database and run a select query on the "configs" table to check if the properties are there.

For eg, on my postgresDB,

# sudo -u postgres psql

postgres=# \c scm

scm=# select attr, value, host_id, service_id from configs where attr like 'ldap%';
attr | value | host_id | service_id
--------------+--------+---------+------------
ldap_type | LDAP | |
ldap_bind_pw | abcdef | |
ldap_bind_dn | robin | |
(3 rows)

So even after I have added some random values for LDAP in CM UI, the UI will show ""Requires Server Restart" for the already changed properties.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Super Collaborator

Hi @noekmc , Could you let us know what exact config change you have made and to which location/safety valve you have added that config.

Explorer

the changed parameters are:

ldap_type

ldap_url

ldap_bind_dn

ldap_bind_pw

ldap_bind_dn_monitoring
ldap_bind_pw_monitoring
nt_doman
ldap_user_search_filer
ldap_user_search_base
ldap_group_search_base
ad_ldap_port
ad_ldaps_port
parcel_users_groups_permissions

the next image shows the restart notification to apply changes, but it has already been applied several times.

noekmc_0-1660072480098.png

Super Collaborator

Hi,

What is the version of CDP you are using. Have you restarted the Cloudera Manager server as documented here along with "Test Connection to verify whether the LDAP information you have provided is valid."

Explorer

cdp version is 7.4.4

Super Guru

@noekmc ,

How are you restarting Cloudera Manager?

This restart must be done from the command line, on the CM host:

sudo systemctl restart cloudera-scm-server

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

@araujo
this command was applied previously

sudo systemctl restart cloudera-scm-server

message remains, restart is required

Regards ,
Eugenio

Super Collaborator

Hi @noekmc 

The alert saying "Requires Server Restart" for the config properties is expected to be there to help administrators to run the "systemctl restart cloudera-scm-server" on the CM host whenever they change the configs and even post changing the config and restarting the CM server. So, how are you validating that the config has not taken affect?

To confirm this, you can simply login to the CM database and run a select query on the "configs" table to check if the properties are there.

For eg, on my postgresDB,

# sudo -u postgres psql

postgres=# \c scm

scm=# select attr, value, host_id, service_id from configs where attr like 'ldap%';
attr | value | host_id | service_id
--------------+--------+---------+------------
ldap_type | LDAP | |
ldap_bind_pw | abcdef | |
ldap_bind_dn | robin | |
(3 rows)

So even after I have added some random values for LDAP in CM UI, the UI will show ""Requires Server Restart" for the already changed properties.

Explorer

Hi guys , problem reporting

In Cloudera Manager , Now Ldap is funtional but the message " Restart service " persist .

Regards!

Super Collaborator

Hi @noekmc , Are you referring to the below "Restart service" highlighted option that you see under ldap_url? If yes, it is expected and you can refer my earlier comment. noekmc_0-1660072480098.png