Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cloudera Navigator not responding (5.4.2 Virtualbox VM)

Cloudera Navigator not responding (5.4.2 Virtualbox VM)

Explorer

Used to be able to do a metadata query through the Navigator web page but now I just get the spinner.

/var/log/cloudera-scm-navigator

mgmt-cmf-mgmt-NAVIGATOR-quickstart.cloudera.log.out

Looking through the log I find this error:

2015-09-23 14:58:04,267 ERROR com.cloudera.navigator.NavigatorEntityManager: Error running command for table NAVMS_AUDIT_EVENTS
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Duplicate key name 'IDX_DISALLOWED_NAVMS_AUDITS'
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:377)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:360)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:978)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3887)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3823)

and other similar errors:

2015-09-23 14:47:14,448 ERROR com.cloudera.navigator.NavigatorEntityManager: Error running command for table SOLR_AUDIT_EVENTS
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Duplicate key name 'IDX_DISALLOWED_SOLR_AUDITS'

2015-09-23 14:58:04,294 ERROR com.cloudera.navigator.NavigatorEntityManager: Error running command for table SENTRY_AUDIT_EVENTS
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Duplicate key name 'IDX_DISALLOWED_SENTRY_AUDITS'

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cloudera Navigator not responding (5.4.2 Virtualbox VM)

Explorer
Looking through the log further I see the dup key error in previous days before Navigator stopped working so this may not be the cause.

Re: Cloudera Navigator not responding (5.4.2 Virtualbox VM)

Explorer

Looking at the status, I see that the process in sleeping state; whatever diagnostic Cloudera Manager is using to determine whether Navigator is working is saying that it is functional even though it is unresponsive.

[cloudera@quickstart ~]$ sudo netstat -tulpn | grep 7187

[cloudera@quickstart ~]$ sudo cat /proc/9994/status
Name: java
State: S (sleeping)