Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cloudera ODBC Drivers for Impala

Highlighted

Cloudera ODBC Drivers for Impala

New Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to use the cloudera impala odbc driver, but without success.

The dsn parameters are these :

[ODBC]
DRIVER=Cloudera ODBC Driver for Impala
Host=db01.groupe.com;Port=21050;AuthMech=1;KrbRealm=ENT.GROUPE.COM;KrbFQDN=db01.groupe.com;KrbServiceName=impala;AuthMech=1;KrbAuthType=2;Database=bda;
UseKeytab=1;
UPNKeytabMappingFile=C:\Program Files\MIT\Kerberos\UPNKeytabMapping.json;
UID=bda;
SCHEMA=bda;
DefaultKeytabFile=C:\Program Files\MIT\Kerberos\bda.keytab;

The UPNKeytabMapping.json is this :

{
"bda": {
"principal" : "bda@ENT.GROUPE.COM",
"keytabfile": "C:\\Program Files\\MIT\\Kerberos\\bda.keytab"
}
}

The kerberos ticket is correctly created. The ticket appear in MIT Kerberos interface, and the connexion work afterward with dbeaver and the jdbc driver. The "Host" line in the dsn file is the same used in dbeaver for the jdbc driver that work.

The impala server log file dont have any trace of the connection and the odbc test error message is this :

FAILED!

[Cloudera][DriverSupport] (1110) Unexpected response received from server. Please ensure the server host and port specified for the connection are correct and confirm if SSL should be enabled for the connection.

The odbc log : Failed to initialize security context: The specified target is unknown or unreachable

Tryed to enable ssl or SSPI without any better result.

The problem is the same with Cloudera Hive ODBC (except I need to initialize the ticket in MIT Keberos interface before testing the connection).

I don't know what to do to make this work.

Already checked the other post on this forum, but no success.

Any help apprecied.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here