Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cloudera Quickstart VM download option is not available in official website

Highlighted

Cloudera Quickstart VM download option is not available in official website

Explorer

Hi,

I am trying to download the Cloudera quickstart vm of latest version Cloudera official website.

But I couldn't see the download option after trying the following steps.

1. Opened the link https://www.cloudera.com/downloads/cdh/6-3-2.html

2. Selected the Version and clicked the 'Get it Now' option then its invoked for Accept Term and Conditions window then selected the check box and proceeded with the submit option.

3. Then it showed the message like 'Thank you for choosing CDH, your download instructions are below'

4. Then, I have gone through all the links under this section but still I couldn't able to download the

VM.

Please anyone assist me on this to get it done.

Thanks,
Dinesh

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Cloudera Quickstart VM download option is not available in official website

Super Collaborator

Hi @dinesh1393 

Thank you for reporting this; there was never a version of the CDH "quick start" with that version released to the public. I don't know how you found that hyperlink. We are in a transition away from the CDH 5.13-based "Quickstarts" and they are not available as of this writing, so download pages erroneously available on the web aren't going to work.

Cloudera's current product is  CDP and it's readily available for evaluation and to enable you to get experience with it's exciting new features. 

If for some reason you still need to use some VM-resident version of CDH, there are docker images still available via the docker hub which you can try to obtain using the technique described here.

Bill Brooks, Community Manager
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Highlighted

Explorer

Hi @ask_bill_brooks ,

Thanks for your quick response. 

As you suggested, I tried to download the Cloudera's latest product 'CDP Data Center'

from this link https://www.cloudera.com/downloads.html. But still I was not allowed to download the product and below warning has been displayed.

"Access Restricted

You must be a CDP Data Center customer to access these downloads. If you believe you should have this entitlement then please reach out to support or your customer service representative."

Could you please let me know how to download this product?

Also, need a clarification that current CDP product does contain all the features which old Quickstart CDH VM contains?

Thanks,
Dinesh

Highlighted

Super Collaborator

@dinesh1393 

No. I did not suggest that link, I pointed you to this link:

https://www.cloudera.com/downloads/cdp-data-center-trial.html

…which will enable you to download the complete trial version after you click the button labeled "Try now" and complete the product interest form.

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Explorer

Okay. After completing the product interest form how should I download the Product?

Highlighted

Super Collaborator

After you submit the product interest form, you'll be taken to a final page that describes how to download the software (you can see a screen shot of what it looks like here).

Highlighted

Explorer

So, what criteria I must have to download the "CDP Data Center".

Still am getting the below stopper message.

"Access Restricted

You must be a CDP Data Center customer to access these downloads. If you believe you should have this entitlement then please reach out to support or your customer service representative."

Highlighted

Explorer

Any update on this?  How do I become a 'CDP Data Center customer'?

Highlighted

Super Collaborator

You can become a CDP Data Center customer by contacting sales and someone from that department will get in touch with you. 

Highlighted

Super Collaborator

Hmm…you should only see that message when or if you attempted to go directly to the download page without filling out the the product interest form, assuming you are attempting to download the CDP Data Center Trial.

Have you tried:

1. clearing your browser cache
  2. going to the link I provided above:
     https://www.cloudera.com/downloads/cdp-data-center-trial.html
  3. clicking the button labeled Try now
  4. completing the product interest form
  5. click Continue
  6. read and accept the license agreement by using the appropriate checkbox and clicking Submit

…because if you did that, you should arrive at a page headed Trial Installation that has:

• detailed CDP system requirements and pre-requisites
  • a note about trial installations
  • instructions on how to begin an automated CDP trial installation

I tried the above steps yesterday and again just before posting this and it worked both times. I did not receive any "stopper message".

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here