Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Cloudera Search Parcel not showing up

Champion Alumni

Hi ,

I just  completed installation of CDH on my clusters.Smiley HappyI have not  yet configured any services.I would like to install cloudera search as well and then configure services.I have downloaded the search parcel and it is avilable in my local as well as internal remote respositories.have created the .SHA file as well for this but this is not  shown up in th parcels page.How should I go abpout installing the search.

Please find below the hash for SOLR-1.2.0-1.cdh4.5.0.p0.4-el6 I am using.

01b372ac2e37e614c3f1279bf6c2720da299181f

4 REPLIES 4

Champion Alumni
Hi guys,
Can some one give a solution please?

Expert Contributor

Hey Nishan,

You mentioned "I have downloaded the search parcel and it is avilable in my local as well as internal remote respositories.have created the .SHA file as well for this but this is not  shown up in th parcels page.How should I go abpout installing the search.".  Do you mean a local http repository and you provided that URL to Cloudera Manager or are you talking a directory on the Clouder Manager server?

Thanks

Chris

Champion Alumni

Hi Chris,

1. I  have http parcel repository local to my  environment.This is my Remote Parcel Repository URLs  in parcels page in cloudera manager UI.(Done this since host doesn not have internet access to point to archive.cloudera.com)

2.I have also downloaded the same parcel to /opt/cloudera/parcel-repo directory in  the host where cloudera manager is  installed and this is my entry in Local Parcel Repository Path   text box in parcels page.

If you go to administration>Settings>parcel   you should be able to visualize.Issue is I am not able to see these search parcels in cm GUI and hence doesnt get an option to distribute or activate them.

Champion Alumni

The .sha file should be named as SOLR-1.2.0-1.cdh4.5.0.p0.4-el6.parcel.sha if you are manually downloading to your NFS.I guess the if its downloaded by the manager it takes care of this  not sure though.My .sha file was named as SOLR-1.2.0-1.cdh4.5.0.p0.4-el6.sha without the (.parcel in name).I  renamed it and re started the server and things began to work.