Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Cloudera docker not starting services properly (ports busy)

Cloudera docker not starting services properly (ports busy)

New Contributor
I tried to change cloudera java version from quickstart latest (5.7) docker container.

I created a new Dockerfile and set JAVA_HOME to 1.8 but I noticed that it was not enough so also included JAVA_HOME in bigtoputils and scm server files and then I started the container again and noticed that all cloudera services were running with 1.8 so I thought that was all right...Until I run cloudera manager and saw that yarn and hdfs services (nodemanager, resource manager, ...) were stopped with errors...

If I restart yarn, resource manager, nodemanager or hdfs services I get errors so it's impossible to run any...

The error is that the port from each service is busy so they can't start neither stop. What I see is that cloudera starts each with java 1.8 but after that, is not able to stop and start them. The daemons of each service keep running...

Any help?
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cloudera docker not starting services properly (ports busy)

Rising Star

Hey @jene, one of our engineers ( Dima Spivak) has written a beautiful blog about the same.

https://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2016/08/multi-node-clusters-with-cloudera-quickstart-for-docker/

Hope this helps you.

Re: Cloudera docker not starting services properly (ports busy)

New Contributor

Hi! Thanks for that note.

I m not sure that it may fix the issue. This is a guide to create a multinode cluster but in fact what I need is to resolve services status issues in my quickstart docker node (not a cluster).

Thanks anyway :)