Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cloudera license policy

Cloudera license policy

New Contributor

(+) Adding more detail info to get answer

Dear Expert,

I have been using CDH: 5.16.1 community version from 2018 year.

however, I have a specific history that CDH version was upgraded to enterprise version with contract and Key activation last time and CDH was working on enterprise version past 1 year.
and After 1 year, activation key was expired. and CDH is still working on enterprise version is inactive.

In this case, Should I get a new contract of subscription on new license policy to keep using current CDH version due to previous history?
I have no plan yet to use enterprise version so I'd like to know that I can use current CDH version without new contract on new license policy.

Thank you for your answer in advance

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Cloudera license policy

Expert Contributor

@Hoony  You can use the CDH with express version but some of the feature will be discontinue. Please see the details here. 

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_ag_licenses.html#cmug_topic_13_7

Also if you need any information on licensing don't hesitate to Contact Sales Team.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here