Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

Cloudera manager 4.6.2

Cloudera manager 4.6.2

New Contributor

I'm using this guide http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2013/03/how-to-create-a-cdh-cluster-on-amazon-ec2-via-cloudera-manager... 

to create a hadoop cluster on aws. 

I followed all the steps; I opened the required ports and managed to create a cluster with 3 medium instances on aws. But when the wizard attempts to start the cluster it fails. 

Its stuck trying to start zookeeper1 and it is not providing a useful error. There is nothing in the logs. And the only error I can find is : 

Command 'ZkStartPreservingDatastore' failed for service 'zookeeper1'

Anyone knows how to fix this and start the cluster? 

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Cloudera manager 4.6.2

Rising Star

Increase the maxClientCnxns to 500 in /etc/zookeeper/conf/zoo.cfg

New Contributor

I did that, but the problem remains. 

Master Guru

@dvohra wrote:

Increase the maxClientCnxns to 500 in /etc/zookeeper/conf/zoo.cfg

The config path you mention here is invalid under a CM discussion. CM manages the configs itself, so all service-side config edits need to go to the UI (CM -> ZooKeeper -> Configuration -> (Find and Modify) -> Save Changes).

Rising Star
Highlighted

Master Guru

@mmuscat wrote:

Its stuck trying to start zookeeper1 and it is not providing a useful error. There is nothing in the logs.

Can you provide either of the following information, after attempting the failure to start event again?

• On a selected ZK machine, the latest ZOOKEEPER name carrying directory under /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/. You can use "ls -ltr *ZOOKEEPER* | tail -n1" to find the latest directory once inside /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process directory on a ZK designated host. Once inside, please find the file logs/stderr and logs/stdout and send their contents here.
  • On a selected ZK machine, the latest available log file under /var/log/zookeeper/.