Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cluster Installation Detecting CDH versions on all hosts

Explorer

I am getting this error on the same host

Cluster Installation

Detecting CDH versions on all hosts

Detected multiple CDH versions. All hosts should have the same CDH version. Check Again

• The following host(s) are running CDH 5.3.0: 01HWxxxxxxxxxxxcs.com
  • The following host(s) are running CDH 5.1.3: 01HWxxxxxxxxxxxcs.com

Ensure that all hosts have the same CDH version and then click Check Again to proceed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Thanks for your response. I removed the previous version by issuing

yum list|grep my version

then I yum removed all the prvious versions.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Collaborator

What version are you attempting to install now, 5.3.0? (why, given 5.4.4 is current). 

Is this a new cluster being installed or are you attempting to upgrade an existing cluster?

Were the cloudera-manager-agent packages (rpm, etc.) installed manually on each host, or by CM.

List the packages installed for "cloudera-*" on the host that is having issue.

Are you using packages for CDH or Parcels as deployed by Cloudera Manager?

If you are on a specific step in the installation guide, pointing that out would help too....

Explorer

Thanks for your response. I removed the previous version by issuing

yum list|grep my version

then I yum removed all the prvious versions.

Thanks

Rising Star

During Cluster Installation, I am having this same issue of a host having two versions - 5.5.1 and 5.5.2.

The other hosts have 5.5.1. So how do I remove 5.5.2 from that particular host.

I am using ubuntu.

Not sure if I can use yum for this.

Appreciate a detailed reply.

Master Guru

Hello,

When you mention you are seeing the same problem, does the solution not work for you?

If it does not, it is likely you are seeing a new problem and you may want to show what is happening via screen shot in a new thread so we can work to diagnose the issue.

When using parcels with Cloudera Manager, it is possible to have many different parcels distributed in the cluster.  Are you using parcels or packages for CDH?  Could you explain what steps you attempted to use to upgrade or what guide you followed?

-Ben

Rising Star

>When you mention you are seeing the same problem, does the solution not work for yhou? 

yum will not work on ubuntu right? so i need to know the corresponding apt-get commands to do this.

i would like clear instructions so that i delete only a particular version without disturbing the other version.

>When using parcels with Cloudera Manager, it is possible to have many different parcels distributed in the cluster. > Are you using parcels or packages for CDH?  Could you explain what steps you attempted to use to upgrade or >what guide you followed?

I used packages. as in : 

http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_ig_install_path_b.html

During the install it failed a few times due to various reasons. so in those few days of various attempts, i guess that the latest version changed and i wound up with two versions on a host.